The Cadence Rides
Group rides are one of the staples of every bike shop. To simplify things, we will be posting our weekly ride plans on Facebook and Instagram each week. Please find the links at the bottom of this page.
Rides are done in partnership with our teams; QCW, Cadence Tri and Cadence Dirt and may be led by either staff or a team member.
Rules Of The Ride
- Expect the unexpected.
- Keep your head up and your eyes open for vehicles, pedestrians and other people using the roads and bike path.
- Obey all traffic laws/rules.
- Helmets mandatory.
- All cyclists and triathletes are welcome but riders ride at their own risk.
- When riding two a breast on the bike path and group approaches a rider from behind or a rider approaches from head on, group will go into single file. This will be done by rider on the left of partner falling in behind their “partner” and rider behind making room for rider in front. Once it is safe and clear, group may form back into riding two a breast again.
- Everyone (not just the lead pair) should use hand signals to point out debris/hazards on the road for the group. Voice commands are only a last resort.
- Slow down when approaching children.
- Stay to the far right on the bike path unless passing.
- Warn pedestrians/cyclists if coming up to pass from behind. Yell, “On your Left.” Give approaching rider enough time and be courteous.
- Always pass on the left when approaching from behind.
- Never use iPod/headphones while riding.
- Be courteous to all. Say “Hello”, Wave and ask if someone needs help when stopped at the side of the path.
- Enjoy the ride and look out for one another. Cycling is FUN!